Kent and I on the Plaza

Kent and I on the Plaza

Monday, August 22, 2011

Toporopa Geography Game

Kids are going to spend time on the computer no matter what.  My pediatrician recommends no more than a total of two hours of "screen time" per day.  Screen time is all inclusive - tv, computer, video games...I do the best I can to limit my kids' screen time, but it is a challenge.  Now that school is back in session, it will be easier.  I think setting limits on the computer is important for several reasons, mainly that kids need to exercise their minds and bodies.  While electronics can provide some of both (a Wii can give some physical exercise), it can't be the sole provider.  However, computers can be a great learning tool and here is where we get to my title topic:  Toporopa.  I love this online geography game.  It has really helped my  European geography, which was lukewarm at best.  It isn't as exciting as an RPG, but it is good  use of screen time.  Go to  www.toporopa.eu/en/ to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment