Kent and I on the Plaza

Kent and I on the Plaza

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Scottish Highland Games in St. Louis - October 1

If you have extra time this weekend for a day trip to St. Louis, the Scottish Highland Games will be at Forest Park near the tennis courts.  If you have never been to a Scottish Games, you might want to consider going.  The athletic competitions are unusual (caber tossing, for example), the food is great (haggis, fish and chips...), and there are many things going on including bagpiping, highland dancing, children's activities and Scottish animal parading.  It is truly fun for the whole family.  There is an admission fee and it closes about 4:30 pm.  You might look for me at the Gunn Clan tent because my husband is the regional commissioner.  Just for the record, though, my clan is Ramsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment